Folks have been asking me lots of questions about my trip, asking me how Rwanda compares to Haiti, which country I like better, or what I ate or did or learned. While today I finally am starting to feel like I have conquered my jet lag, my heart is really only beginning the journey of processing everything I saw, learned, and did. It may be many months or years before I fully understand all that God was doing in my heart last week.
But I do know one thing God really taught me last week: to rejoice in Him. It all started on Monday morning, when I was sitting on the hotel patio reading my Bible and praying. One of the hotel workers came up to me and said, "I too have Jesus." I smiled and tried to talk to him in English, but didn't get very far. My Kinyarwanda vocabulary only includes "hello, thank you, how are you," so that wasn't an option either.
He returned a few minutes later and gave me this. (1 Thessalonians 5:16 - 28).
And people say God doesn't talk to us clearly any more.
Over the next days, I kept coming back to these verses and praying through them as I was challenged and struggling with different components of the trip. I'm continuing to pray them and dig deep into them now.
God was teaching me not to focus on a task or a goal for this week, or seeking to boost my confidence in myself or my own knowledge. He was teaching me, through the beautiful people of Rwanda and the lovely Rwandan countryside to rejoice. To see His face in new ways.
So instead of me writing a long post, I want to show you some of the images and moments on my heart that taught me to rejoice. I hope that your heart also grows and finds greater joy in God as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment