" 'cause I am down on my knees and waiting for something beautiful"



Thursday, December 30, 2010

Diet Coke and Mentos

I had the honor of spending Christmas Eve with my good friends, the Whitlocks, and their extended family. I also got to take part in a important, meaningful Whitlock Christmas tradition, becoming an honorary Whitlock.



The tradition? Exploding mentos in diet Coke.



This is a professional version of exploding mentos and diet coke. Ours was not nearly that cool, but still highly awesome.



The Whitlocks have been doing this joyful, honorable Christmas tradition for several years (it's actually biennial). Elyse was telling me about exploding mentos with her brother's non-Christian in-laws...."This is what they really think Christmas is about."



I was thinking about that comment...maybe what Christmas is about isn't that far off from exploding mentos.



With Christmas, Jesus becomes one of us, human.

No comments:

Post a Comment