My brain is so full of thoughts this week. I seem to think at a million miles an hour, and in strange circles. It makes it hard to sleep when my brain is like this! Plus, I feel like I'm not getting anything done because of my thoughts and this vague sense of unrest...a feeling that something isn't quite right.
Does anyone else ever feel like that?
I need a place to dump...here's a sneak peak into the workings of my mind.
Quote of the week: "I may be the only Bible many people ever read." Do I daily reflect the truth and grace of the Word?
How do you live out Mat 28:19-20 when many people in your life are not receptive to you and your beliefs? (Answer I think is above.)
Alternative answer: It's our job to love, the Spirit's job to convict, and God's job to judge. -Billy Graham
Am I becoming a stronger disciple myself? Am I receptive to the Spirit, to bring others and the students I lead into discipleship relationships with God?
I just got Cities by Anberlin for $5 on Amazon MP3 and it's totally amazing. Might be a new favorite, and I can't stop listening to it.
I am convinced that if I am patient, almost every CD I want will become $5 or less on Amazon MP3.
Amazon could totally bust my budget if I had no self control.
I wish at least one of my patients wasn't heavy, emotionally exhausting, or physically exhausting. I need a vacation.
If I went on a vacation, where would I go?
Is it weird or lame if I go on vacation by myself? Think about how much I could read, relax, and write....bliss.
Why did my bookclub pick a Nora Roberts book this month? I am losing brain cells attempting to read this book.
My brain cells hurt in a good way when I read Revelation. I love the descriptions of heaven and worship.
How do my patients and families face death when they do not know about God and the amazing promises of the Bible? Do they think there is nothing after this world?
That breaks my heart.
I feel heartbroken in good way when God challenges me, calls me out, then makes me wait. It's hard being ready and willing to mobilize for God, only to be told to wait.
Is that the source of my feeling of unrest? The waiting? The longing for eternity? The desire to know God more fully?
I think so...and I love it.
Thanks for listening. I'm already feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment