Hello friends!
I decided to do something a little different for this blog post. Folks (many who I didn't know read my blog) have asked me for updates on my experiment (see post on August 11th). Since I'm about halfway, here's my progress report. Let me know what you think my grade should be.
Spend money only on basics: Hanging in there. I did buy makeup, which is not exactly essential, but is if I am ever going to marry a godly man. However, with a weekend conference and spending a ton of time hanging out with folks, my budget does not look spectacular. But I am building some awesome relationships and helping increase the stock value of Yoforia.
Be deliberately relational: See above. It has been AWESOME to catch up with friends. I'm realizing that in the 3 years I've lived in Charlotte, I have been blessed to make some amazing friends. Not just friends that are fun to hang out with, but friends who challenge and encourage you to grow in your faith. PS If I have or have not contacted you lately and you are reading this...there's still time! If you would like to hang out, hit me up!
Get rid of 30 possessions: Need to work on this one. I gave away one thing, but have been busy the last couple of weekends, putting material possession purging on hold.
Spend $30 on random acts of kindness: In progress. I've sent some cards to out of town friends, bought stuff to make brownies for my coworkers, and some presents for kids at church. ($13).
Spend $30 helping someone in need: Also need to get to work on this one. I had great intentions to buy school supplies for kids at A Child's Place, and forgot. Anyone have ideas for this?
Invest time in my relationship with God: My life's project! Ongoing. I feel like blogging, reading my Bible, praying, being relational with friends and students, all invests in my relationship with God. The more I read, think, process, meditate on His Word...the more it becomes a part of me. And...my blog has been a source of witnessing and evangelism beyond my wildest prayers and dreams! Praise God!
On a slight tangent...
I want to take this moment to thank EVERYONE for the time you have spent reading this blog since I began writing just a few months ago. I have 7 official followers now and many more unofficial through the modern miracles of Facebook. And by the way, apparently you can follow me on Google friend connect...hey, I'm just saying. Hint hint.
I have been so encouraged by your kind words to encourage me to keep writing, often from the most unexpected sources. Apparently, this little blog is encouraging many of you. When I began to write, I didn't know how much I would love it, how much it would make me feel alive, how much this blog would be a tool for my spiritual growth and testimony. I hope you have been touched in some small way by my feeble words and thoughts.
Needtobreathe really has it right...we are all waiting for something beautiful. I pray that God would reveal more beautiful things and thoughts to me so I can share them with you.
PS Please comment on the makeover. Old design seem too cutesy.
ReplyDelete